Join us for the first ever Salty Culture BBQ Fundraiser on Saturday, February 20th from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Valiant Church, 2002 Post Office Street, Galveston.
WHEN: February 20th from 3p.m. - 9p.m.
WHERE: 2002 Post Office Street, Galveston - Next door to The 1894 Grand Opera House on the corner of 20th and Post Office!
- MUSIC: The Wayne Hubbard Band - Join us as this Texas Country favorite reunites to light up the stage! No stranger to Houston, the Wayne Hubbard Band was a Firehouse favorite and had dance floors packed at Big Texas Dancehall & Saloon. We have no doubt they will bring some of their Aggieland following down with them to see this long awaited musical reunion at the Salty Culture First Annual Fundraiser.
- FOR THE KIDS: Grumballoon’s Balloon Madness will be on hand with their incredible, and pretty unbelievable, balloon creations to wow your little ones! There's truly not much you can ask them to do that they can't perfect! It is a show in and of itself to watch them work!
- SMILE: The super hip and trendy, and highly sought after, SMILEBOOTH is donating a Photo Booth just for our event! If you haven't seen what they bring to the table make sure you go check out their website and get excited! You'll treasure your photo booth pics long after this event, we promise!
HOW WE ARE FUNDRAISING:
- BBQ DINNER: For just $10 you will get a BBQ plate fit for a king. If you haven't made it down to ArtWalk in Galveston and tried a turkey leg yet, you don't know what you're missing. Not to worry, buy a ticket, support our cause, AND get hooked on the best BBQ on the island courtesy of our team of cookers and their cook off winning recipes! Buy your tickets here: Click here!
- HARLEY RAFFLE: There’s nothing saltier than cruising on your road hog down the Seawall and catching a sunset over the Gulf of Mexico. The Salty Culture Harley Davidson raffle can make that dream a reality! Team members will be selling $25 raffle tickets for a 2001 custom 1200 Harley Davidson motorcycle to raise additional funds. Want one? Pick it up here: Click here!
- SILENT AUCTION: From Diamond Seat Astros tickets 7 rows up behind home plate to a live puppy in a basket from the Galveston Humane Society to a fishing trip on board the SaltyCat - there are items for the silent and live auctions you won't want to miss! We will list a full lineup of what you'll be able to bid on on the 20th soon but for now just know it's worth marking your calendar for!
- Items for the Live Auction:
- Hunting trip at the FCH Ranch in Sutton County - includes one axis buck, one doe unlimited, hogs, lodging, a guide and food!
- 3 Chartered Fishing Trips in Galveston Bay
- Fish Fry for 20 People
- Seared Tuna Dinner with Personal Chef from Saltwater Cowboy Grill
- 2 Rockets Club Seats & Parking Pass
- Puppy from the Galveston Island Humane Society
- Golf For Four At Golf Club of Houston Tournament Course donated by The Golf Club of Houston in Humble, TX
- Diamond Club Experience at the Houston Astros donated by Waste Management
- 2 night stay at the Commodore on the Beach Hotel and a $100 gift card to Landry's
- Items in the Silent Auction:
- Italian style gift basket of jewelry
- Mad Huey's gift pack
- Esco Pest Control $200 gift card
- Galveston Brazilian Jiu Jitsu $300 gift card good for family of 4 mixed martial arts membership for one month
- Southern Spears Paddleboard Rental & Clothing
- Galveston Island Brewery Growler & Tasting for Friends
- Vintage Items donated by Gallery Auctions
- Kids Hubboards from Surf Specialties
- Hoven Sunglasses
- Art from the Tremont Gallery
- Wing Party at Hooters
- Leialaha Designs Kimono and Jewelry
- Items for the Live Auction:
- RAFFLE & CAKE WALK: You will be able to purchase dollar raffle tickets at the door to enter in to win different gift cards for some of your island favorites. We will also have a cake walk for the kids where you can win cakes and goodies donated by the Salty Crew, Shy Katz Bakery, and Island Bakery.
- T-SHIRTS: Be one of the first 100 to have the initial run of Salty Culture t-shirts. While the design is simple it speaks volumes. Salty Culture has plans to make a huge local impact invading Galveston Island and the shirt speaks directly to that mission. They are softstyle jersey shirts and will be priced at $15 a piece with limited sizes so get there early to snag one!
WHY WE ARE DOING IT:
- BECAUSE WE LOVE THE ISLAND: Galveston Island is special and fosters a spirit of generosity. We all want to serve. It is in our DNA to want to help those around us. It leads our children by example and fills a need in us to be a part of something bigger than we are. There are so many needs right here in our own cities and communities, why not focus locally and serve at home? We have several upcoming service projects in our own backyard, serving the people and areas in our communities that need it most!
- BECAUSE THIS ISLAND NEEDS COMMUNITY: The Salty Culture First Annual Fundraiser isn't just an event. It is an opportunity for us to come together under one roof and create community. A community of like-minded people who want to serve locally and see Galveston be all that it can be.
- QUOTE FROM OUR FOUNDER: “Salty Culture is a movement of supportive, creative, generous, and positive people wanting to make an impact in their community and see lives and situations changed,” remarked Clint Shuttlesworth. “We want to address the needs on our own island, making big changes simply by serving together.”
WANT TO GET INVOLVED: For additional information about the Salty Culture BBQ Fundraiser and how to get involved either through a donation or committing to serve contact Clint Shuttlesworth at (409) 789-1234 or email@example.com.